Red Tiger Lotus (Nypmhaea Zenkeri)
Scientific name: Nymphaea zenkeri
The Red Tiger Lotus (Nypmhaea Zenkeri) is an African stagnant water plant that is easy to keep and is widely used in aquariums. It has a medium growth speed in medium to strong light and can reach between 7-31 inches high and 9-23 inches wide.
Common name: Red Tiger Lotus Aquarium Lily
Habitat: Indigenous to Africa
- Tank Size: 10+ gallons
- Temperature: 72° - 86° F (22° - 30° C)
- pH: 5.0 – 8
- Water hardness: 2- 15dGh
- Lighting: Moderate to High
- Remove the plant from the plastic container.
- Plant the Red Tiger Lotus bulb half way into the substrate
- or simply drop them into the aquarium.
Note: this plant can emit a chemical that is somewhat harmful to other plants that are in very close proximity (i.e. - constantly touching the lily), so it is necessary to give the Red Tiger Lotus Aquarium Lily adequate space. If this is done, it will not harm other plants.